ICP Etch 2 (Panasonic E640)
This is a single-chamber tool for etching of a variety of materials. The chamber is configured as an ICP etching tool with 1000 W ICP power, 500 W RF substrate power, and RT - 80°C operation with back-side He cooling and an electrostatic chuck to maintain controlled surface temperatures during etching. This chamber has Cl2, BCl3, CF4, CHF3, SF6, Ar, N2, and O2 for gas sources and can be used to etch a variety of materials from SiO2 to metals to compound semiconductors. The chamber is evacuated with a 2000 lpm Osaka Vacuum magnetically levitated turbo pump, allowing for fast pump down.
The system is also equipped with a red laser monitoring system from Intellemetrics for more precise etch stop control.
- 1000 W ICP source, 500 W RF Sample Bias Source in etching chamber
- Room Temp. – 80°C sample temperature for etching. Default 15°C Chuck temperature.
- Optimal Emission Monitoring
- Etch pressure from 0.1 Pa to 5 Pa (0.75 mT - 37.5 mT)
- Cl2, BCl3, (Ar or CHF3), (CF4 or SF6), N2, and O2 in etch chamber
- O2, N2, CF4, H2O Vapor for ashing chamber
- Single 6” diameter wafer capable system
- Pieces possible by mounting to 6” wafer
- 670nm laser endpoint detector with camera and simulation software: Intellemetrics LEP 500
- Operating Instruction Manual
- Training Notes
- Gas Change Instructions
- Manual Wafer Transfer Instructions
- Laser Etch Monitor procedures
- Online Training Video:
- Panasonic ICP#2 Training
- Important: This video is for reference only, and does not give you authorization to use the tool. You must be officially authorized by the supervisor before using this machine.
- Recipes > Dry Etch > ICP2 Etching Recipes
- Starting point recipes for ICP2 specifically.
- Process Control Data
- Historical Data records "calibration" etches to test tool performance.
- Recipes > Dry Etching Recipes
- Table of all dry etching recipes, showing etched materials vs. tool etc.