Focused Ion-Beam Lithography (Raith Velion)
Work In Progress
This article is still under construction. It may contain factual errors. Content is subject to change.
The Raith Velion ion beam tool was installed at UCSB in 2020 and signed off and avaiable for. use in early 2021.
- Liquid Metal Alloy Ion Sources (LMAIS) providing ions for Gallium-free patterning (Au, Si)
- High resolution patterning capabilities (minimum feature size < 15nm)
- Fully corrected write fields (distortion, stigmation)
- Long term current stability (days)
Laser Interferometer stage:
- Mechanical movement at 1nm precision
- Continuous stage modes for stitch free FIB patterning on full 4”wafer scale
- Stitching and overlay accuracy: < 50 nm ( mean+3 sigma)
- Process control for rapid prototyping
- Automated height sensing to detect sample surface height variation for automated correction
- Pt Gas Iinjection System (GIS) deposition
- Raith Nanosuite software incl. CAD (GDSII) navigation & patterning
- Recipes > Lithography > FIB Lithography
- Contains starting recipes etc.