Fluorescence Microscope (Olympus MX51)
System for general purpose imaging. The system has bright field, dark-field, DIC imaging mode and Three fluorescence filters. Screen captures and calibrated measurements can be made through use of native Olympus' Streams Essential Software, installed on the attached computer.
- Native Olympus Streams Essentials software & Camera:
- Digital image capture & calibrated measurement (calibrations locked)
- Objectives: 5x, 10x, 20x, 50x, 100x, 150x
- Reflected (Episcopic) & Transmitted (Diascopic) Illumination modes
- Filters via rotatable selector:
- BF: Bright Field normal top-illuminated imaging
- DF: Dark-Field imaging
- DIC: Differential Interference Contrast "Nomarski" Imaging. Also requires "DIC-R" prism to be inserted. Polarization manually selected on DIC-R prism.
- Fluorescence Filters (see Olympus tutorial):
- You must contact Tony Bosch for training on Fluorescence before using this feature!!!
- WB: "Blue" Fluorescence Filter. Excitation: 450-480nm / Dichroic 500nm / Barrier 515nm+
- WG: "Green" Fluorescence Filter. Excitation: 510-550nm / Dichroic 570nm / Barrier 590nm+
- WU: "Ultraviolet" Fluorescence Filter. Excitation: 330-385nm / Dichroic 400nm / Barrier 420nm+