Sputter 4 (AJA ATC 2200-V)
The Seven-Target DC/RF Sputtering System, built by AJA International uses planar magnetron sources. The sources are contained in tiltable sputter gun modules that allow for maintaining uniformity control at various sample heights. Cross contamination between sources is minimized by using a chimney configuration with very narrow source shutter gaps. Uniformity better than 2% is achieved for various sample heights. 2 DC sources and 1 RF sources allow for co-deposition of materials. Other materials, such as ITO, Si, Al, Zr, etc. can be reactively RF sputtered in an O2 or N2 environment to produce metal-oxides or nitrides. The deposition chamber is load-locked, with automatic wafer transfer, providing for fast substrate transfer and consistent, low base pressure. Venting and evacuation are automated with a 1000 l/s magnetically levitated turbo (capable of pumping O2) achieving < 1 E-7 T ultimate pressure. A VAT gate valve is used for process pressure control independent of gas flow. Substrates are clip mounted onto 4 inch carriers. Flow rates are controlled with standard mass flow controllers. Argon is used for the sputter gases, with N2 and O2 used for reactive sputtering. Gun power supplies include: 300W DC magnetron drivers, 13.56 Mhz 300W RF supplies, and a 150W substrate RF supply for in-situ substrate biasing and pre-cleaning. Samples can be heated to 800°C. The system is recipe driven and computer controlled for reproducible results. Up to 6" round wafer sizes can be accomodated in the system. Magnetic materials are restricted from this system, but can be sputter deposited either Sputter 3 or 5.
- 7 target with DC or RF operation
- Reactive sputtering with N2 or O2 using RF
- Co-deposition of two materials: DC or RF
- No magnetic materials
- SiO2, SiN, ITO, AlN, and other metal-oxide/nitrides possible
- < E-7 T ultimate pressure (3 mT typical operating pressure), load-locked chamber
- 6" round sample holder
- Gun Tilt and Sample height adjustment
- Deposition uniformity is ~ 1-2% over 4 " diameter
- Up to 800°C dep temperature in O2 environment
- RF Biasing of sample during deposition or as a preclean
- Automatic wafer loading and recipe driven process control.
- The Sputter #4 SignupMonkey Page lists the currently installed sputter targets.