Wafer Cleaver (PELCO Flip-Scribe)
The Flip-Scribe is a manual scribe+break cleaving system, with a diamond tip that scribes along the underside of the part/wafer. The user manually drags the part across the diamond scribe, using the guides and stops to push the part in a controlled, straight line. Manual breaking tools are provided to perform the break after scribing.
Can scribe/break ~350µm thick sapphire wafers. Thicker/more difficult to cleave parts should be thinned down on the Allied Polisher before cleaving.
- Wafer/Parts Sizes: 4" down to ~10mm
- Digital microscope w/ laptop for finer alignment
- ~100µm alignment accuracy
- Flipscribe SOP - To be added
- Recipes > Packaging > To Be Added
Be sure to also see the recipes for protecting your sample from dicing dust on the Packaging Recipes page.