Tube Furnace (Tystar 8300)
The three stack Tystar 8” furnace is used primarily for 3 processes. The processes are dedicated for specific tubes as follows:
- Tube #1: SOG curing & low-temp oxidation
- Tubes #2 and #3: Dry or wet oxidation of silicon (unprocessed, clean)
- Tube #3: General furnace annealing & oxidation, including processed material
Each process tube can accomodate up to one hundred 8” wafers per cycle. We have boats for 2", 3", 4", 6", 8" and irregular shaped pieces. The maximum temperature is 1100°C for the system. Gases used are O2, Steam from DI-H2O, N2.
Recipe Characterization Data, such as thermal oxidation times, can be found on the recipe page:
Use the BYU or Stanford Leland Jr. Thermal Oxidation Calculators to determine the time and temperature that will be necessary for your process needs. You can "calibrate" your oxidations to the Stanford calculator by adjusting the Partial Pressure on the calculator to match your experimental data.
Keep in mind that all process must be 30 minutes in length at a minimum. Processes less than 30 minutes will suffer from poor uniformity because the process tube will not have sufficient time to saturate with O2 or DI-H2O.
- N2 (15/5 slpm)
- O2 High-range "O2HI" - 15 slpm
- O2 Low-range "O2LO" - 1 slpm
- All gasses flow through the H2O bubbler, which can optionally be filled with heated water or evacuated (no water).
The following are the available recipes on each furnace tube:
- SOG425.001 - Spin-On Glass Cure
- ALGAAS.001 - Oxidation of AlGaAs
- WET1050.002 - WetOx at 1050°C
- DRY1050.002 - DryOx at 1050°C
- WETVAR.002 - WetOx, variable temp.
- DRYVAR.002 - DryOx, variable temp.
- WET1050.003 - WetOx at 1050°C
- DRY1050.003 - DryOx at 1050°C
- WETVAR.003 - WetOx, variable temp.
- DRYVAR.003 - DryOx, variable temp.
- ANNEAL.003 - Anneal with variable time and temperature
See the above recipes page for data on oxidation rates for standard oxidation recipes.
- Tystar - Manufacturer of the tool
- Silicon Thermal Oxide Thickness Calculator (BYU) - Use this on-line calculator to calculate times for silicon oxidation.
- Advanced Silicon Thermal Oxide Thickness Calculator (Stanford Leland Jr.) - Another thermal oxide calculator, with flexibility to vary partial pressure parameter to calibrate to your own process.