|Table of Contents|
General Photolithography Techniques
- HMDS Process for Improving Adhesion
- Use these procedures if you are finding poor adhesion PR lifting-off), or for chemicals (like BHF) that attack the PR adhesion interface strongly.
- Manual Edge-Bead Removal Techniques
- Removing the edge-bead from your substrate will help with contact litho resolution and alignment.
- R = Recipe is available. Clicking this link will take you to the recipe.
- A = Material is available for use, but no recipes are provided.
Click the tool title to go to recipes for that tool.
Click the photoresist title to get the datasheet, also found in Stocked Chemicals + Datasheets.
- Lift-Off Description/Tutorial
- How it works, process limits and considerations for designing your process
- I-Line Lift-Off: Bi-Layer Process with LOL2000 Underlayer
- Single Expose/Develop process for simplicity
- Up to ~130nm metal thickness & ≥500nm-1000nm gap between metal.
- Can use any I-Line litho tool (GCA Stepper, Contact aligner, MLA)
- I-Line Lift-Off: Bi-Layer Process with PMGI Underlayer and Contact Aligner
- Multiple processes for Metal thicknesses ~800nm to ~2.5µm
- Uses multiple DUV Flood exposure/develop cycles to create undercut.
- Can be transferred to other I-Line litho tools (Stepper, MLA etc.)
- DUV Lift-Off: UV6 Imaging Resist + PMGI Underlayer
- Single-expose/develop process
- Up to ~65nm metal thickness & ~350nm gap between metal
- Use thicker PMGI for thicker metals
- Under Development.
To Be Added
Recipes pre-loaded on the S-Cubed Flexi automated coat/bake/develop system. Only staff may write new recipes, contact the tool supervisor for more info.
To Be Added
The Holography recipes here use the BARC layer XHRiC-11 & the high-res. I-Line photoresist THMR-IP3600HP-D.
- Standard Holography Process - on SiO2 on Si
- Holography Process Variations - Set-up Angle - Etching into SiO2 and Si
- Etch SiO2 Nano-structure - Changing Side-wall Angle - Etching into Si with a different line-width
- Reduce SiO2 Nanowire Diameter - Thermal Oxidation - Vapor HF Etching
Low-K Spin-On Dielectric Recipes
Chemicals Stocked + Datasheets
The following is a list of the lithography chemicals we stock in the lab, with links to the datasheets for each. The datasheets will often have important processing info such as spin-speed vs. thickness curves, typical process parameters, bake temps/times etc.