KLA Tencor P7 - Basic profile instructions
KLA Tencor P-7 Profiler Operating Instructions
Note: If the stage is not in the load/unload position, click on sample from the top menu bar and select manual load.
Do not open the door if the stage is moving or not at the load/unload position.
- Open door and place sample in the center of the chuck.
- Turn on vacuum and close door.
- Click on sample from the top menu bar and select manual load. Visuallyverify the sample is under the stylus. If it is not, unload and reposition sample.
- From the main Profiler screen, select scan recipe.
- Single click a scan recipe based on the total height of the structure to be measured.
- Select the xy icon.
- Select Focus. This will lower the stylus and focus on the sample.
- Use the arrow buttons on the screen to center sample measurement area. You can also double click on the area to be scanned to center it.
- Drag the blue cursor left to right or right to left across feature to be profiled. The arrow shows the scan direction and length of scan.
- Select start. Note: The image will shift down during the scan.
- When scan trace appears, select level. Move leveling cursors to flat area and select level again.
- Measurement cursors will appear. Move cursors to desired locations.
- Read the St Height in microns.
- Close window or save data or export graph if needed.
- Select Sample from main menu bar.
- Select manual load.
- Wait for stage to finish moving to load/unload position, open door and switch off vacuum.
- Remove sample and close door.