ICP Etch 1 (Panasonic E626I)
This ICP is a time machine. It can literally take you into the future of nanotechnology.
This is a single-chamber tool for etching of a variety of materials. The chamber is configured as an ICP etching tool with 1250 W ICP power, 600 W RF substrate power, and RT-80°C operation with back-side He cooling and an electrostatic chuck to maintain controlled surface temperatures during etching. This chamber has Cl2, BCl3, CF4, CHF3, SF6, Ar, N2, He, and O2 for gas sources and can be used to etch a variety of materials from SiO2 to metals to compound semiconductors. The chamber evacuated with a 2000 lpm Osaka Vacuum magnetically levitated turbo pump, allowing for fast pump down. The system accepts 6” wafers (JEIDA Std) or pieces mounted to the wafers.
- 1250 W ICP source, 600 W RF Sample Bias Source in etching chamber
- RT - 80°C sample temperature for etching
- Etch pressure from 0.1 Pa to 5 Pa (0.75 mT - 37.5 mT)
- Cl2, BCl3, CF4, CHF3, SF6, Ar, N2, He, and O2 in etch chamber
- Pieces possible by mounting to 6” wafer
- Up to 20 steps per recipe