ICP Etch 1 (Panasonic E626I)
This is a three-chamber tool for etching of a variety of materials.
Chamber one "Etch Chamber" is configured as an ICP etching tool with 1000 W ICP power, 500 W RF substrate power, and RT - 80°C operation with back-side He cooling and an electrostatic chuck to maintain controlled surface temperatures during etching.
This chamber has the following gas sources: Cl2, BCl3, N2, and O2 (CHF3 or Ar), (CF4 or SF6), where two of the lines must be manually switched between the two options shown (gasses can't be used simultaneously).
The system can be used to etch a variety of materials from SiO2 to metals to compound semiconductors. The chamber is evacuated with a 2000 lpm Osaka Vacuum magnetically levitated turbo pump, and is load-locked for fast pump down.
Chamber two, "Ashing Chamber" is a 2000 W ICP chamber configures for plasma "ashing" of photoresist and other materials such as BCB. The substrate is not biased and the chamber has CF4 and O2 for the gases.
Chamber three "Rinse Chamber" is a DI rinsing chamber for rinsing off any etch byproducts before removing the sample from the system.
The system accepts 6” wafers with SEMI-std. flats. Users often mount smaller pieces to the wafers, usually with easily removable oil to improve uniform heatsinking. In Automatic mode, multiple wafers can be run through automatically with the cassette-based system.
- 1000 W ICP source, 500 W RF Sample Bias Source in etching chamber
- Multiple 6” diameter wafer capable system
- Pieces possible by mounting to 6” wafer
- Optimal Emission Monitoring
- Etch pressure from 0.1 Pa to 5 Pa (0.75 mT - 37.5 mT)
- Cl2, BCl3, N2, O2, (CHF3 or Ar), (CF4 or SF6) in etch chamber
- Room Temp - 80°C sample temperature for etching. Default 12°C Chuck Temperature.
- 2000 W ICP ashing chamber
- RT - 250°C sample temperature for ashing
- Ashing pressures 50 mT - 500 mT
- O2, N2, CF4, H2O Vapor for ashing chamber
- Room Temp. to 270°C etching. Default 50°C.