Field Emission SEM 2 (JEOL 7600F)
The JEOL JSM-7600F FESEM is used for imaging a variety of samples made in the facility. For general specifications, see the link to the system above. Our system is equipped with a gentle-beam mode of operation where bias is put on the stage, allowing for high resolution imaging at low electron energies impinging the surface. This is especially useful for imaging low conductivity and insulating materials without the need for conductive layer coatings.
The system can accept a 4” wafer, but only 50mm (approx. 25x25mm) of the wafer is accessible with the stage movement. A retractable LABE detector is also installed for high resolution back-scattered electron imaging.
The Hummer coater is used to deposit a thin AuPd on your samples, to reduce electrical charging of insulating samples (such as SiO2 substrates, or thick >1µm layers of SiO2 or PR).
- 1nm guaranteed at 15kV SEM mode
- 2.5nm at 1kV in SEM mode
- 1.5nm at 1kV in GB mode
- SEM: x100 (at WD 25mm) to x1,000,000 (at WD 8mm)
- Low-Mag LM mode: x25 to x19,000
- Imaging Modes/Detectors:
- SEI: secondary electron imaging
- LM: Low-magnification mode
- GB: Gentle-Beam mode
- Applies negative voltage to sample stage to increase effective acceleration without increasing beam acceleration (reducing charging).
- LABE: Low-Angle Backscatter Electron detector
- Inserts between the objective lens and the sample
- Strong contrast between materials
- LEI: Lower Electron Detector
- Detector is lower on chamber, creating strong topographical contrast.
- Accelerating Voltages:
- SEM: 0.5 to 30kV
- GB: 0.1 to 4.0kV
- Beam Currents: 10-13 to 2x10-7 A
- Max Sample Size: 4-inch wafer
- Stage movement: 70 x 50mm
- Tilt: -5° to +70°
- Rotation: 360°
- Specimen holders :
- Copper and XYZ Carbon tape available
- 4-inch wafer with topside clips
- 1-inch holder for 30°/90°, 45°/90° mounting with tape or clips.
|To Do: upload procedures - printouts available at the tool|