DUV Flood Expose
<nowiki>Insert non-formatted text here<nowiki>Insert non-formatted text here</nowiki></nowiki>
This unit consists of a collimated deep ultraviolet (DUV) light source (mercury gas discharge short arc lamp) and power supply. The substrate is placed on a rotating chuck (not presently working) and is exposed by opening a timer-controlled shutter.
Materials that are exposed are primarily spun-on thin films such as PMMA, PMGI, etc.
- DUV wavelengths are 200-260 nm; the lamp power is limited to either 1000 watts and can operate in either constant intensity or constant power mode
- The full spectrum of Hg emission wavelengths from 200-450 nm is present on the sample
- Exposure can be performed on a 4" wafer
- Lamps are nominally rated for 400 hours
- A reset timer was added in Feb. 1995 to limit "on" time (ie. provide for auto shut-off) for bulb life conservation