COVID-19 User Policies
The lab is NOT open to all users at this time! Specific users have been granted access, by individual request. Contact the Lab Director to request access.
- NanoFab staff will not be on-site on weekends, except to clean the lab in between shifts. Staff is available by phone as usual. Users must follow all protocols, and cameras will be monitored for compliance.
- Jackets may be hung in side hallway for cold weather - see below for details.
- UCSB Students, Staff and Faculty are required to get a Flu vaccine. You must be vaccinated by Nov. 1st to work at a UCSB Facility. See below for relevant links and web pages.
- As of Sept 9th 2020, users are allowed self-entry - please see the Building + Cleanroom self-entry protocols below.
- Full NanoFab COVID-19 Protocols
- Contains all detailed procedures for various situations, including:
- In-Lab procedures for sanitation
- Precious Metals Refill
- Access to Char. Lab room 1111 & Dicing room 1147
- Building Entry: Self-Entry Procedures
- Sent out on Sept. 9th 2020
- Cleanroom Entry: Self-Entry Procedures
- Sent out on Sept. 9th 2020
UCSB Policies & Documents
- UCSB Online Safety Presentation - Review this, and return the attestation form stating that you have reviewed it and will comply with policy.
UCSB Wellness Survey
Every day at 3am you will recieve an email with the UCSB Wellness Survey. You must complete this survey before coming to campus later that day.
- Enroll for the Survey
- Contact the Lab Director if you have issues or need a login.
- Check your email before leaving for campus and fill out the online survey.
- You may only come to campus if you receive a "Clearance" positive response to the survey.
- If you haven't yet recieved the new survey, you can use the old survey in the interim, here: Daily Wellness Assessment (old)
UCSB Flu Vaccination Mandate
UCSB Students, Staff and Faculty are required to get a Flu vaccine by Nov. 1st to work at a UCSB Facility.
- Please see the UCSB Flu Vaccination Mandate page for details.
- Log your vaccination at the Electronic Health Record Portal with your UCSB NetID.
- Choose Medical Clearances > 2020-2021 Flu Vaccine Consent: Update
- Flu Clinic Q&A explains more about the mandate.
UCSB Testing for Staff/Faculty/Students
Free weekly COVID testing is available to UCSB Staff, Faculty and Students. UCSB employees are strongly urged to sign up for weekly testing, which takes only minutes, is administered on-campus and is free of charge.
Weekly recurring appointments can be made as follows:
- Log on to the UCSB Testing Patient Portal using your UCSB NetID and password.
- Select “Appointments” and then select “COVID-19 Services.”
- Select “I need to schedule my weekly COVID-19 testing” and answer the questions.
- Select an available date and time and click “Continue.”
- Confirm your appointment date and time and then click “Schedule.”
- Note: You must click “Schedule” or your appointment will not be confirmed. Also, be sure to add the appointment time and location to your calendar.
The Chancellor's memo to campus with details can be found here.
- 2020-11-05: We have installed two coat racks in the south side hallway for your use. Please put your jacket, sweater, or hat in the garment bag provided at the racks. The garment bags are long, and you will have to tear at the perforation to remove the bag from the roll. You can either tie the bag to the hanger or use a clip to make the attachment. Spray the bag and surrounding surfaces with 70% ISO once your bag is on the hanger and when you remove your bag from the hanger. You can take the garment bag home with you for re-use but please remember to wipe it down with 70% ISO when you return to ESB. Do not store anything on the upper and lower shelving.
- 2020-10-13: UCSB now requires Flu vaccinations by Nov. 1st, for UCSB employees.
- 2020-09-14: Bathrooms will be locked. Keys can be found on the self-entry cart. Please make sure the bathrooms lock when you are done.
Link to the above sections: